I'm running out of smiles
I've cried out all my tears
This ice running through my veins,
it's not going anywhere.
Every moment since you left
I've had to concentrate to breathe
how do I navigate this world
when I don't know who to be?
I thought that God had given me a gift
one I could keep
But in a moment you were gone
and all I could do was weep.
How is one person supposed to handle all life has to give
How am I supposed to breathe when I have no will to live?
People say that time will heal,
One day I'll think of you with no tears
But I know now that isn't real
I try to occupy my mind with thoughts of happy things
but you, my boy, you're all I want and you are why my soul still weeps.
Mommy
Beautiful sweetie
ReplyDelete