Monday, February 11, 2013

A Poem For my Son


I am thankful for every moment you grew inside me
I am blessed to have been your mommy
There will forever be a hole in my heart where you belong
Daddy chose lullabies you'll never hear
I chose clothes you'll never wear
We spent hours wondering how you'd spend your life
nights praying for your care
I think about you every day and wonder what I did wrong
To have my blessing ripped away before you ever got to live your own life song
I will never forget those tiny, perfect hands
I wish I'd had the chance to hold them
You looked just like your daddy, right down to your chin
but you had your mommy's nose

We may never kiss away your tears
or teach you to overcome your fears
but your life does matter my sweet baby boy
Every second you grew inside me filled my heart with joy.

-Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment