Friday, December 7, 2012

Broken Hearts Healed by 2 Pink Lines

 Below is a journal entry I wrote on November 19th 2012. Five days later I took another pregnancy test and my heart stopped when a second line miraculously appeared. 
(Photo 3 is the moment Wesley finally realized what his letter and test meant)




*November 19*

There is something incredibly cruel about pregnancy tests. To a terrified teenager, a negative pregnancy test could be the best news in the world but when you've spent years, countless dollars, and Lord only knows how many tears only to face heart wrenching disappointment month after month by a single line or those words that feel like a knife through the heart, "Not Pregnant," a negative pregnancy test is such a heartbreaking experience. Each time I take a test, which I do quite often due to my "pee on a stick" addiction, a little piece of my soul feels like it has died. This month, finally, we tried fertility drugs, Provera, Clomid, and Ovidrel. Today was 11 days past trigger. The test was still negative. That is early, but I just feel like we're out this month. :(

1 comment:

  1. Man this seems like a million years ago, how amazing this changed so shortly after!!!

    ReplyDelete